We are seeking participants to share all of the great projects they have been working on by giving an oral or poster presentation at the 2018 meeting. All papers are welcome, including scientific papers as well as general informational. Abstracts for papers are DUE February 16th. Don’t delay! Space for presentations is limited. Follow this link to submit an Abstract to the Utah AFS
Oral Presentation Guidelines
Oral presentations during the general sessions will be limited to a 20-minute time slot. We recommend limiting your presentation to 15 to 18 minutes to allow for questions.
If you have been asked by Utah AFS to present during the plenary session, your presentations will be limited to 15 minutes. There will be a panel discussion at the end of the session to address questions and allow for an open discussion.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
Please restrict your poster to a maximum size of 3′ high (0.92 m) x 4′ wide (1.22 m) and have a smooth finish. Poster boards will be provided. Posters can be attached to the boards with double-sided adhesive strips or hook and loop (VELCRO®) type fasteners. If using VELCRO®, provide both sides (adhesive backing will be required). You are responsible for providing your own form of attachment
Utah AFS is awarding six student scholarships for this year’s meeting. Three of the scholarships will go to undergraduate students while the other three will go to graduate students. Registration fees for the 2018 meeting will be waived for those who are awarded the scholarships (this includes lodging, food, and registration dues). To receive a scholarship you must follow these three guidelines:
- You must be a Utah Chapter member. If you are not a current member you can still apply for a scholarship, but will need to pay membership fees at the meeting ($25.00).
- You must give a presentation at the Annual Meeting (oral or poster) on a fisheries/aquatics project you are or have been associated with.
- You must submit a short request statement that answers the following the questions:
- What is your educational background related to fisheries/aquatic ecology?
- What are your career goals?
- Explain the importance of fisheries managers/aquatic ecologists in today’s society.
Responses should be no shorter than a paragraph and no longer than a half page.
Time is limited so be sure to submit your responses as soon as possible. The DEADLINE to submit your paragraph is February 5th. Please send your request statements and/or questions to Cassie Mellon; email@example.com. You will be notified by February 12th if you have been awarded a scholarship.