Utah Chapter AFS Annual Meeting SAVE THE DATE Announcement
The Utah AFS Chapter is excited to host our 42nd Annual Meeting at the Hilton Garden Inn in St. George, Utah from February 25 to 27th, 2020. Our EXCOM decided to pursue a sponsorship with the Virgin River Program to co-host a Virgin River symposium as part of our annual meeting. Our goal for this full day symposium will be to bring in folks that work on the Virgin River in Utah, Arizona, and Nevada to talk about progress and issues in fisheries management in the Virgin River system.
In addition to the Virgin River session, we are planning on holding themed sessions including a Fish Passages, Screens, and Barriers session and an Innovative Techniques session. If you have other ideas on themed sessions for the 2020 meeting, please let me know this fall. As always, we’ll have plenty of room for general contributed papers.
Please mark your calendars so you don’t miss our 2020 Chapter Meeting!
- February 25th – Afternoon: Continuing Education Courses
- February 25th – Evening: Social Dinner
- February 26th – Virgin River Symposium (Plenary and Afternoon Technical Papers)
- February 26th – Afternoon: Themed Paper Sessions
- February 26th – Evening: Banquet; Fundraising Event; Awards
- February 27th – Morning (half day): Themed Paper Session and Contributed Paper Session
The organization of this meeting will be similar to meetings in past years. Registration fees will cover meals and lodging as outlined in our Business Plan. Of note, you can now pay your membership dues via Paypal at:
If you have suggestions, comments, or questions feel free to contact me.
George Weekley Utah Chapter President [email protected]